Digital Tools for Investigation
Digital Tools for Investigation is a two-hour workshop covering a wide range of digital tools and methodologies that can be used for investigations.
This is a short course for those new to open-source intelligence. Participants will be introduced to many techniques and platforms and provided with guidance on how to use them.
Group size: max 12 people.
Class duration: 2hrs x 1 day
Level of participation: high. Hands-on exercises, regular Q&As and participant contributions.
Newsrooms of any size, universities and other communities can greatly benefit from this introductory workshop to open-source intelligence, public record searches and a range of other digital tools that will make your investigations both quicker and more effective.
As a practical hands-on training, you will discover tools to help you:
- research more effectively using search operators
- investigate using social media
- make the most of geolocated data
- run verification checks for images, video footage & websites
- use public registries and other administrative online data sources
This course will be hosted on Zoom.
Our Zoom account’s default settings have been modified to maximise information security and ensure all training participants’ data protection and privacy. See details of our Zoom infosec settings HERE.
- 17 May 2022 14.00–16.00 Timezone: BST (UK Time)