Digital Tools for Investigation
Digital Tools for Investigation is a two-hour workshop looking specifically at tools and methodologies that can be used for investigations with digital sources.
Group size: max 12 people.
Class duration: 2hrs x 1 day
Level of participation: very high. Hands-on, screenshares, regular Q&As and participant contributions.
Newsrooms of any size, universities and other communities can greatly benefit from this introductory workshop to open-source intelligence, public record searches and a range of other digital tools that will make your investigations both quicker and more effective.
You will be taught a range of investigative tools, shortcuts and tips/hacks to enhance your research skills and help you develop a methodology for building your stories.
As a practical hands-on training, you will learn how to:
- research more effectively using search operators
- investigate using social media
- make the most of geolocated data
- run verification checks for images, video footage & websites
- use public registries and other administrative online data sources
This course will be hosted on Zoom.
Our Zoom account’s default settings have been modified to maximise information security and ensure all training participants’ data protection and privacy. See details of our Zoom infosec settings HERE.
- 5 November 2021 14.00–16.00 Timezone: GMT (UK Time)