Audio Skills Bootcamp
This short, five-session course will be an introduction to audio journalism basics. In it you will learn the basic concepts and tools of writing and production that you need for all forms of audio storytelling. We will use phones as recorders, though participants with professional gear are welcome to use their own equipment, though they must know how to operate it.
Class size: max 12 people.
This course will need you to have the following software/apps/tools on your computer:
- Hindenberg (Free trial access will be provided as part of the course)
- Zoom app. During these sessions it is often useful for participants to be able to share their screen: if you are on a work computer, or other device which has screen sharing on Zoom disabled, please consider getting the restriction lifted for the duration of this course. We use the facility to enable the trainer to solve problems as they arise; if you can’t share the screen, it makes it much harder to solve problems and learn.
- Camera and audio
This course will be hosted on Zoom. To find out more about how we use Zoom, please check out our Zoom InfoSec page.
Short exercises will be provided to supplement the training between sessions.
Our training is not recorded: if you miss a session, it is lost – you cannot watch a recording of it, nor will you be allowed to attend that session at a later date.
- 9 January 2023 14.00–15.30 Timezone: GMT (UK Time)
- 10 January 2023 14.00–15.30 Timezone: GMT (UK Time)
- 11 January 2023 14.00–16.00 Timezone: GMT (UK Time)
- 16 January 2023 14.00–16.30 Timezone: GMT (UK Time)
- 20 January 2023 14.00–16.30 Timezone: GMT (UK Time)
In line with our non-profit mission, our pricing operates on a sliding scale, ensuring large organisations pay more to subsidise places for smaller newsrooms, freelancers and students.
*Student places for this course are capped, due to limited capacity. Anyone registering as a student will be asked for a photo/scan of their student ID ahead of the course.
**Employed individuals who cannot have their employers pay for the course are entitled to the freelancer rate. Note that we are a small charity and rely on your honesty so please do not register as a freelancer if your employer is reimbursing you for the course.
We have a strict policy of No Refund and No Transfer of bookings.