We are looking for mid-career freelance investigative journalists to participate in the programme. This will require some commitments from you, but we can offer several benefits from being involved in the project:
- Access to free online information security training and guidance organised by the CIJ and Freedom of the Press Foundation.
- An opportunity to network with a small cohort of other journalists working in similar fields.
- A welcome pack including a t-shirt, stickers and a few surprises!
- Profile raising through publicity about the project.
- Commitment to ethical use of investigative journalism in the public interest.
- Ability to commit to sessions in BST (British Summer Time) or EST (Eastern Standard Time) outlined in the programme. (There are two slots for the training but not for the guest lectures).
- English language proficiency.
- Mid career working freelancer reporting on: national security, organised crime, technology, cross-border investigations.
- You’ve published a long form investigative piece.
- You’ve worked across multiple media (video, audio etc).
- Applications open 31st March.
- Applications close 21st April.
- Successful applicants will be contacted at the end of April / first week of May.
- The programme runs May 10th – June 30th.