The CIJ regards the lawful and fair treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and to maintaining confidence between the charity and all those who use and access our services.
The information we collect and how we use it
We will collect personal data (such as your name and contact details) and sensitive personal data (such as demographic information). Any personal data that is entered on this site, including any sensitive personal data, will be collected and processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We will use your personal data to understand the demographics of the individuals using and accessing our services, and this data will not be shared outside of the charity. Where consent from you is given, we will add your data to MailChimp, an organisation which we use for our newsletters, the information passed to MailChimp is only your name and email address.
The data stored at the CIJ is reviewed and culled annually to ensure that the CIJ does not hold onto personal data indefinitely.
You have the following rights which must be requested in writing:
- Right to be forgotten: you may terminate your data with the CIJ at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your details and all data associated with it.
- Right to object: you may opt out of inclusion of your data in our analytics projects that help us understand our customers.
- Right to rectification: you may access and update your data at any time to correct or complete your personal information. You may also contact the CIJ at any time to access, correct, amend or delete information that we hold about you.
- Right of access: our Data Protection Notice (above) describes what data we collect and how we use it. If you have specific questions about particular data, you can contact email@example.com at any time.
- Right of portability: we will export your data to a third party at any time upon your request.
If you have any complaints about how your data is used or about the overall service, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your complaint and respond within 14 days.